[Bioperl-l] Whither Bio::FeatureIO?

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Aug 31 01:57:46 UTC 2014

Just a quick update on this: I released a separate Bio::FeatureIO release to CPAN that represents the code split out from the core modules:

   https://metacpan.org/pod/Bio::FeatureIO

I had to do some cleanup to get code to work and tests passing with some sanity.  A *lot* of things were not passing tests when we moved this over.

This should represent what was last working with Chado though.  However, I haven’t officially announced anything yet b/c I would like to shake bugs out of it. Can either of you try this out on a Chado run to make sure everything is up to snuff (or at least point out issues)?  Time depending, I would like to get something running on (for instance) Travis-CI, maybe including some optional Chado-related stuff.  This would also help so that we can work on merging what has been done on master so that these pass the same tests.

chris