[Bioperl-l] Getting coding sequence starting with a protein record

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Tue Apr 15 19:11:42 UTC 2014

This is supported in bioperl with the feature objects and the
Bio::SeqFeatureI method spliced_seq -
You would just have  Bio::DB::GenBank object which you provide to the
function;

my $db = Bio::DB::Genbank->new();
my $spliced_cds = $feature_with_remote_locations->spliced_seq($db);

Jason Stajich
jason at bioperl.org
http://bioperl.org/wiki/User:Jason
http://twitter.com/hyphaltip