[Bioperl-l] Converting newick to nexus

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 18:15:19 UTC 2013

Johan -

I worry that this really won't be best solved in Bio::TreeIO tree modules which are really written around streaming trees through not writing into a compact format which pretty much requires having the whole set of trees in memory.

There are other efforts like Bio::Nexus (http://sourceforge.net/projects/bionexus/) which could solve it better as it is intended to deal with the Nexus format more completely, what we handle in Bio::TreeIO .

But that isn't to say someone couldn't try and work on it for Bio::TreeIO parser. I personally have no bandwidth for this at the moment but maybe it can be written into a project idea for the bioperl wiki to recruit someone to work on it.

Jason