[Bioperl-l] BioPerl v1.6.910 released

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 8 03:49:51 UTC 2013

All,

I would like to announce that BioPerl v. 1.6.910 (a.k.a 'About time!') has been released to CPAN and should be showing up imminently.  This is primarily a bug fix release.  Two key items of note:

1) Beyond minor fixes to address problems on other distributions, this will be the last of the BioPerl 1.6 series.  We will be repackaging code into separate repositories and likewise releasing them as separate distributions on CPAN during the next (1.7.x) releases.

2) Two distributions have already been split out:

* Bio::FeatureIO has been moved into a separate distribution.  The code for Bio::FeatureIO is undergoing revision and will be released at a future point.  If you need access to it, it is available on GitHub (https://github.com/bioperl/Bio-FeatureIO)
* Bio::DB::EUtilities and it's related modules have also been into a separate distribution and are now available on CPAN.  I will be updating the release on that code as well.

The first 1.7 release is scheduled for sometime in late fall-early winter, with the primary focus (as mentioned above) being repackaging of core code.

Thanks all!