[Bioperl-l] Perl script uses all my cpu

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 05:24:41 UTC 2013

are you sure it is bioperl that is causing this - if you run top I am sure it is the fasta command that is causing this:

Also not sure why you initialize searchIO twice. Just initialize it in the loop where you use it.

Is the CPU just from running the application fasta36 ? you can specify the number of threads with -T  -- so to ask for 1 processor add "-T 1" to your fasta cmd