[Bioperl-l] Parsing Blast-Report extracting "Features flanking .."

jobu buschj at hhu.de
Sat Jan 19 16:12:54 UTC 2013

Dear List,

I've got quite a lot of  hits from blasting against nt-database that state:

"Features flanking this part of subject sequence: "

where the subject-accession only will give information about complete
genomic sequences,
the detailed information inside the "Features flanking" section of the
HSP about annotations of upstream and downstream elements would be what
I need.

Is there any elegant way to make Bio::SearchIO do this job for me?

greetings
Jochen