[Bioperl-l] bioperl in Google Summer of Code 2013

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:52:57 UTC 2013

On 15 February 2013 14:59, Fields, Christopher J <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
> At the moment I'm not sure if Rob is heading this up or if the baton will be passed on to someone else.  I can't take charge of writing up a proposal at the moment but I can certainly help edit.

I would like to participate this year as a student.

I do not have however, have any bioperl itch that would last a summer
to fix. The largest of them is to implement BLAST using NCBI's server.
They have made available a SOAP-based BLAST and doing this has been on
my todo for ages. Would you suggest any other project for bioperl?

Carnë