[Bioperl-l] Remote Blast against RefSeq_mrna db (Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast)

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 18 03:25:52 UTC 2012

The below script using Bio::DB::EUtilities will get you some results, all in nice readable XML output.  Unfortunately at the moment this is only given in NCBI's DocSum v2.0 (which we don't actively parse), so you will have to munge out the path for the database of interest.

(BTW, I think NCBI doing this is a great thing, at least it's searchable and kept up-to-date, we just need to actively start supporting it)

chris
---------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/env perl
use Modern::Perl;
use Bio::DB::EUtilities;

my $eutil = Bio::DB::EUtilities->new(-eutil => 'esearch',
                                     -term  => '"refseq rna"',
                                     -email => 'cjfields at bioperl.org',
                                     -db    => 'blastdbinfo',
                                     -usehistory => 'y');

my $hist = $eutil->next_History || die "No history returned";

$eutil->set_parameters(-eutil => 'esummary',
                    -history => $hist,
                    -version => '1.0');

say $eutil->get_Response->content;