[Bioperl-l] algorithm_version not working in multi-result blast output

Paul Cantalupo pcantalupo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:54:19 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm using the most recent copy of bioperl-live (pulled yesterday). I
have a BLASTN (from blast+) output file for 3 query sequences
(https://gist.github.com/1248342). I used this script,
https://gist.github.com/1248338, to print the query id, algorithm and
algorithm_version for each result. When I run the script, I get the
following output:

GFAVMM201BADC0  BLASTN  2.2.25+
GFAVMM201A1JOH  BLASTN
GFAVMM201D933Z  BLASTN

Algorithm_version outputs the correct version for the first result but
outputs the empty string for the 2nd and 3rd query. Why? This
functionality worked about a month ago. What has changed to cause this
to happen?

Thank you,

Paul