[Bioperl-l] fetching exons in genomic coordinates from NCBI

Reece Hart reecehart at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:20:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Dave Messina <David.Messina at sbc.su.se>wrote:

> As far as I know, you're doing it the NCBI recommended way, byzantine
> though it may be. Of course I too would be keen to hear of a better approach
> if anyone's got one.

Is that really a "recommended" way? Aside from the NCBI eutils pages which
describe how to submit queries, I didn't see anything about how to process
the results. So, I ended up reverse engineering the XML by comparing at
several efetch results with web pages.

Or, are you saying that reverse engineering is the recommended NCBI way?

-Reece