[Bioperl-l] Fastq quality values as strings

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 17 21:41:45 UTC 2011

If you are using the latest SeqIO parser, I believe the FASTQ string is returned via next_dataset() only (the raw qual string is passed in to the constructor but is ignored).  This should be pretty fast as no objects are created (the returned data is a hashref), and the qual string key is '-raw_quality'.

chris