[Bioperl-l] Retaining seqnos from clustal output in AlignIO

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Tue Apr 19 17:20:36 UTC 2011

Hi Lee,

I thought there was a way to do this, but looks like we have an option to
AlignIO->new() to do the opposite:

-displayname_flat => 1 [optional]
                                to force the displayname to not show
start/end
                                information

Since the syntax

id/start-end

is special, and I believe actually rewritten depending on how the sequence
or alignment is manipulated, you might try keeping your strand and
coordinate metadata separate from the id — for example, in the description
field (hacky though it may be).

Sequences like these are LocatableSeqs in BioPerl. Here are details:
http://doc.bioperl.org/bioperl-live/Bio/LocatableSeq.html

Dave