[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlastPlus Question

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 1 14:59:03 UTC 2011

Using BLAST+ and makeblastdb, it seems as if the input files can be either FASTA or other BLAST databases, and it takes standard input.  You could try multiple -in parameters to see if it works (according to the BLAST docs this is supported).

>From 'makeblastdb':

 *** Input options
 -in <File_In>
   Input file/database name; the data type is automatically detected, it may
   be any of the following:
   	FASTA file(s) and/or
   	BLAST database(s)
   Default = `-'