[Bioperl-l] Re-point "Bioperl scripts"?

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu May 27 15:58:06 UTC 2010

On May 27, 2010, at 10:40 AM, Brian Osborne wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Removed all erroneous references to Subversion except for these pages, which require detailed editing and/or a familiarity with Git:
>
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Emacs_bioperl-mode
>
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:Wrappers
>
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Making_a_BioPerl_release
>
> http://www.bioperl.org/w/index.php/HOWTO:BlastPlus

Okay, looks good so far.  I know the emacs mode stuff will be handled by Mark (I'm assuming the others will follow suit).  I'll have to go in and clean up the 'making a release' page myself to update it.

> One issue now is the references to pedigree, microarray, GUI, pipeline, and ext, which only exist in SVN.

By 'only existing in svn', do you mean they are only found there?  I moved everything over for archiving:

http://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-gui
http://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-microarray
http://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-pedigree
http://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-pipeline

> Also GUI, pipeline, and microarray are unsupported, and have been unsupported for many years. Yet they are still listed in pages like:
>
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Getting_BioPerl
>
> They shouldn't be listed alongside bioperl-live or -run, or they should not be listed at all.
>
> Should they be removed? or put into their own "unsupported" section?

I think to an 'unsupported' or 'unmaintained' section; could add the corba and pise ones as well (just noticed that the pise repo was missing from github, so just added it for archiving).

> Brian O.

Thanks brian!