[Bioperl-l] return type of $feature->seq() (comments on a commit [bioperl/bioperl-live fcd90e0])

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Wed May 26 05:41:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, 25 May 2010 15:10:42 -0600, Hilmar wrote:

> Bottom line - just forking on git and committing a change isn't a
> substitute for bringing up an issue and possible solutions on the
> list, and the vetting of pull requests can fall upon only one or two
> core developers. Two eyeballs often spot a lot less than a hundred.

Just to clarify: I specifically _didn't_ make a Pull request yet.

I simply created the fork store the patch in a visible way - my
intention was then to clean the patch up and make it ready for
comments/discussion (I just haven't had time to do so yet).

I am new to github, but as I understood the interface there, anyone is
free (encouraged?) to "fork" their own clone to work in, as a kind of
"public" personal workspace, and when you feel that your clone is ready
to be merged, then - only then - you do a "Pull request".

If that isn't the way github is supposed to be used, or that isn't the
way BioPerl wants to use it, let me know and I'll adjust.

I appreciate the comments so far, and will get back to this as soon as I
can.

   Thanks,

    Adam

--
 "Sunday morning when the rain begins to fall                 Adam Sjøgren
  I believe I have seen the end of it all"               asjo at koldfront.dk