[Bioperl-l] return type of $feature->seq() (comments on acommit [bioperl/bioperl-live fcd90e0])

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Wed May 26 01:37:38 UTC 2010

I +1 Hilmar, but note that already git is doing what it is designed to do:
devolve development. My $0.02 is: that is how BioPerl will keep from becoming a
dinosaur. I believe that we as a community, judging from the track of the last
year or so, are committed to this evolution by devolution, and the move to git
is part of that overall plan. The increase in IRC chatter, led by deafferet and
rbuels, prefigured this and it was generally considered a Good Thing. So, I
would propose that people (devs and users) make their views known (on list and
elsewhere) about how best to communicate and have dev-oriented conversations: it
may be that a listserv alone is not nimble enough. MAJ