[Bioperl-l] Get a partial GenBank of a circular DNA

Roi Brodo roi.brodo at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 07:10:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

Suppose I have some circular DNA RefSeq in a Genbank format. I would
like to create a new (smaller) Genbank file (both features and sequence)
 containing only a range of nucleotides from the original file, but a
range tha overlaps the "end". For example, if my original Genbank spans
1,000,000 base (1-1,000,000) I would like to get join(800,000-1,000,000,
 1-100,000), so the new Genbank file will actually contain 300,000 bp
from the circular DNA.

How can I do that? Again, my input is a Genbank file and output should
also be a Gebnank file.

Thanks!

- Roi