[Bioperl-l] Res: Res: How to do a megablast with Bioperl?

Rondon Neto rondonbio at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 7 18:01:23 UTC 2010

Thank you!
Rondon

________________________________
De: Dave Messina <David.Messina at sbc.su.se>
Para: Rondon Neto <rondonbio at yahoo.com.br>
Cc: BioPerl List <bioperl-l at lists.open-bio.org>
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 7 de Junho de 2010 14:58:12
Assunto: Re: Res: [Bioperl-l] How to do a megablast with Bioperl?

Hi Rondon,

Please keep the list on the Cc so everyone can follow along.

Thank you, but it's for parse blast results, right? Can I really perform a megablast using bioperl?

Sorry, I read your last post too fast.

You can do it with either Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast or B::T::R::StandAloneBlastPlus:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:StandAloneBlast

http://bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:BlastPlus

Note that in blastplus, megablast is the default -task

Dave

PS — I noticed that the StandAloneBlast is no longer on the HOWTOs index page. Is it deprecated?