[Bioperl-l] Bio::Location::Simple's is_remote() missing?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 01:25:50 UTC 2010

It is not clear to me what is_remote is for in Bio::Location::Simple.
Neither the perldoc or the following webpage discuss what it means.

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/BioPerl_Locations

$ is_remote/main.pl
Use of uninitialized value in print at is_remote/main.pl line 11.
$ cat is_remote/main.pl
#!/usr/bin/env perl

use strict;
use warnings;

use Bio::Location::Simple;

my $location = Bio::Location::Simple->new(-start => 1, -end => 100,
  -strand => 1 );

print $location->is_remote(), "\n";

########
I looked at the source code Simple.pm. I don't see is_remote() is
defined in it. Is it deprecate? Should the document for it be removed?

--
Regards,
Peng