[Bioperl-l] Installing Linux Binary

Giles Weaver giles.weaver at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:13:09 UTC 2010

 I just misread the subject line as "Installing Ewan Birney"!
Imagine having Ewan Birney in your computer, now that would be useful.
Perhaps someone can make an AMI?

I must get my prescription checked...

Giles

On 09/02/10 17:57, Chris Fields wrote:

Shalu,

This really isn't the best place to ask; the list is specific for
BioPerl.  You should contact the authors of the package in question.

Note that the OS isn't really a limitation anymore, unless you are
trying to run something specific for OS X from Windows/Linux
(fortunately that's not too common).  If it's really important you
could try installing Linux via a VM (VirtualBox is nice and free,
VMWare is nice but $$), then install Xipe, or use Boot Camp and
dual-boot into Linux.

chris