[Bioperl-l] Installing Linux Binary

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 9 17:57:33 UTC 2010

Shalu,

This really isn't the best place to ask; the list is specific for BioPerl.  You should contact the authors of the package in question.

Note that the OS isn't really a limitation anymore, unless you are trying to run something specific for OS X from Windows/Linux (fortunately that's not too common).  If it's really important you could try installing Linux via a VM (VirtualBox is nice and free, VMWare is nice but $$), then install Xipe, or use Boot Camp and dual-boot into Linux.

chris

On Feb 9, 2010, at 10:04 AM, shalu sharma wrote:

> I am really sorry for this. Actually i tried a lot but i am new to this. I
> tried google it alos but couldn't find anything.
> When i try to make , its saying " No target specified and no makefile found.
>
> I am trying to install xipe.
> http://phage.sdsu.edu/~brodrigu/xipe/
>
> I am really sorry for the trouble.
>
> Thanks
> Shalu
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Scott Cain <scott at scottcain.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Shalu,
>>
>> This is probably not the right mailing list for solving this problem.
>> What is the application you are trying to install?  When you say make
>> isn't working, what do you mean?  What are the error messages?  Have
>> you googled for hints on how to get it installed on a Mac?
>>
>> Scott
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM, shalu sharma <sharmashalu.bio at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>        I know this is very basic query but i am stuck.
>>> I am trying to install some program on my Mac (it contain Linux binary).
>>> tried "make" but its not working. I am not sure how i can install it.
>>> Can anyone please guide me that how i can install linux binary on MAC?
>>>
>>> I would really appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Shalu