[Bioperl-l] Problem Parsing BLAST output

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 24 16:14:51 UTC 2010

Just in case anyone needs it, there is a way to index these as well (both BLAST and the two tabular BLAST versions) for fast lookups of specific reports, if needed.  See Bio::Index::Blast and Bio::Index::BlastTable in BioPerl.

Caveat: I believe there is a bug with BLAST+ text output indexing (it chops the header off subsequent reports).  I haven't investigated it enough, though, but I'll try looking into it today.

chris