[Bioperl-l] NCBI efetch: request limits and getting dates fast

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Wed Apr 21 19:08:34 UTC 2010

Thanks Chris and Mark for your help.

You were right that docsums were the way to go, and so Chris' code sample was just what I needed.

I'm pushing on this project so I didn't stop to try to recreate the same using the SoapEUtils, but I think it's safe to say that the speedup I saw came from the switch from efetch to esearch.

If I get a chance, though, I will test -RetMax in SoapEU and see if that was the initial problem there.

Dave