[Bioperl-l] Project: BioPerl 2.0 (and beyond)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 16:29:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Robert Bradbury
<robert.bradbury at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/6/10, lin yu <joycelin12 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Therefore, I would like to propose the use of BioPerl in access R
>> phlyogenetic tools or the combination of R and BioPerl in other similar
>> applications like microarray analysis etc. Would it be possible? I would
>> like to know the answer as soon as possible as I can edit my proposal in the
>> case.
>
> Joyce, it isn't clear what you are really asking for here.  I did some
> digging and it appears as if "R" is a statistical language derived
> from S:
> http://www.r-project.org/

Yes. Joyce was talking about the GSoC proposal "Biopython and
PyCogent interoperability", but switching from Python and R to
Perl and R. See this thread (which as more helpful subject):
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2010-April/032729.html

Peter