[Bioperl-l] Regarding google summer of code 2010

Priyanka Joshi priyanka.hpj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 09:02:04 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Priyanka Joshi <priyanka.hpj at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Subject: Regarding google summer of code 2010
To: phylosoc at nescent.org

Dear Sir,
I am an undergraduate student majoring in Bioinformatics at Institute of
Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune, Pune, India. I am
interested in participating in the google summer of code 2010 and work
towards developing a code for open source. i am particulary interested in
network biology, hidden markov models and neural networks with a keen
interest in developing code for the analyses of cancer genomes, their
genetic networks and evolution. Please if you could help me choose a project
so that I can learn and creatively develop something during my summers.
Please find my CV as an attachment. Also, briefly, I am mentioning my
computational skills:

·         Platform: Windows NT/95/2000/XP/Vista, Linux

·         Programming/ Scripting languages Languages: C, Perl,
Python(Basics)

·         Database: MS Access

·         Sequence Analysis: FASTA, BLAST suite

·         Softwares: R Statistical Computing (Basics), Matlab, MODELLER,
AutoDock, Hex, Phylip, Pymol, Rasmol, RasTop
Please help me choose a project and guide me. Looking forward to hearing
from you.
Thanking you in anticipation
With Regards
Priyanka Joshi
4th year Undergraduate Student
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology
University of Pune
Pune-411007
India
Ph: +919637436773