[Bioperl-l] BOSC and OpenBio solution challenge reminder -- April 15th

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Apr 2 13:06:21 UTC 2010

Hello all;
A friendly reminder that the deadline for the Bioinformatics Open
Source Conference (BOSC) is coming up on April 15th:

http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2010

This is a great opportunity to discuss code and biology with fellow
developers.

One session which I'd like to emphasize is the OpenBio Solution
Challenge, a section of talks that describes how to solve practical
problems in bioinformatics using a variety of approaches:

http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/SolutionChallenge

Any toolkit developers who are interested in giving a talk are
encouraged to submit an abstract for the challenge. We have some initial
project ideas on the page and welcome your feedback for other useful
workflows that would emphasize the advantages of using open source
toolkits to solve biological problems. Please copy messages to the
OpenBio mailing list as a central point for discussion and
questions:

Looking forward to seeing everyone in July,
Brad

BOSC contact and dates: