[Bioperl-l] a Main Page proposal

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Sep 21 20:51:51 UTC 2009

Here's a few comments to ignore at will :-)

How about using a different default skin so it doesn't look like all the other installations of MediaWiki?
I've attached a screenshot of one of my wikis using the "Daddio" skin but a bit of crafty CSS can do wonders.
Also, there's a lot of duplication with most of the links on Mediawiki:Sidebar also appearing on the main page content.
The "Treeview" is a nice extension as well for tidying up complex menus http://semeb.com/dpldemo/index.php?title=Treeview_extension

I've got a bit of experience with wikis and extensions (we use LOTS of extensions) so let me know if there's anything you need.

--Russell