[Bioperl-l] bio:graphics

Mgavi Brathwaite lsbrath at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:12:34 UTC 2009

Hello,

I need to grab features(source, gene, cds, primer_bind) from a genbank file
and add features(5' and 3' UTR, misc_feature) to generate an image. The
images are on two tracks and with each track having multiple features. How
do I display different colors for the different features on the same track?
In my case 5'UTR, CDS, and 3'UTR are on the same track. I want the UTRs to
have one color and the CDS another.

I also need to grab the start and end info from the primer_bind feature
based on the /note tag values. In my case 'HUF' and 'HDF'. Code:

if( $feat->primary_tag eq 'primer_bind' ) {
            $feat->get_tag_values("note") if ($feat_object->has_tag("note")
&&
                tag_values("note") eq 'HDF');
            $pb_start = $feat->start;
            $pb_end = $feat->end;

I want to make sure that I am moving in the right direction.  Can someone
help me out?