[Bioperl-l] problem with bioperl install

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Fri May 29 19:35:14 UTC 2009

The message says you are first updating your CPAN.pm.
That module needs modules you don't have, so

use cpan to install the dependencies you don't have, viz.
>     Test::Harness
>     File::HomeDir

$ cpan
>install Test::Harness
etc.
Then install CPAN.pm again (or run the Bioperl install again).

Lather, rinse, repeat the install of Bioperl until it completes without errors.