[Bioperl-l] bioinformatician/statistician job

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Wed May 27 01:43:59 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Since the list has been tolerant of job spam, I'm putting the attached out there on
behalf of a pal. [There is only karma benefit for me, so this is open-source
compliant, I think.] They are particularly hoping to hear from folks in the Durham
area; please pass along to people who might be interested. Use the contact info
in the 'edited highlights' below.

Thanks for the indulgence-cheers-
Mark

Edited highlights of RFA:

Bioinformatics Analyst / Research Statisticians
Location:  Durham, NC
Firm: SRA International
www.sra.com/careers, requisition #23556, contact: annette_upchurch at sra.com.

Position Description:

Mid-level and/or Senior Bioinformatics Analyst or Biostatistician.
Consult with research teams/do analysis in genomics, clinical and/or epidemiological studies.
Areas: environmental health, toxicology, related topics
End products: publications, national presentations, policy reports

Responsibilities highlights:
- Software design, implementation, data mgmt design,
application of statistical techniques to data, documentation

Requirements highlights
- PhD + 3-5years
- JBuilder

Desired highlights:
- Omics pubs
- Oral/written communication
- 2-10 years experience data analysis in genomics, toxicology,
   environmental health,  statistical genetics, public health
- Study design/power calculations
- SAS/SUDAAN/R/S+ and/or the like