[Bioperl-l] populating gbrowse with genomic data rapidly

Lincoln Stein lincoln.stein at gmail.com
Fri May 15 03:01:07 UTC 2009

Hi Liam,

You'll find a bunch of genomes in gff3 format here:

http://www.gbrowse.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I think you can simply load them up into gbrowse databases.

Unfortunately you won't be able to find ready-to-go configuration files for
gbrowse2. If they have gbrowse configuration files at all, they will be for
gbrowse version 1, which is similar, but not identical. So I'm afraid you'll
have to inspect the gff3 files and figure out what tracks you want to show,
and then write the track config sections.

If you like, I can send you some ready-made gbrowse2 config/gff3 sets for
worm and fly genes. Add this to the yeast example, and you'll have three
genomes to show.

Lincoln

--
Lincoln D. Stein