[Bioperl-l] Asking for advice on full EMBL extraction

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu May 7 21:54:39 UTC 2009

Russell -

I am not sure how that will help as only 1 sequence is parsed at a
time by SeqIO parsers and they use the "//" delimiter.

If the equivalent data exists in genbank format at NCBI I think
_that_  module (Bio::SeqIO::genbank) has the ability to ignore
annotations/features.  Really we have to re-work the whole thing to be
more lightweight and lazy-parse.

-jason