[Bioperl-l] Blasting 100kb against dbEST?

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed May 6 20:49:46 UTC 2009

I have locally run ~100kb fragments before (BLASTN) w/o problems off
my first-gen MacBook, but this was against a small database.  If you
need to iterate through the sequence in chunks you can specify start/
stop with -L, so the hits/HSPs will be mapped accordingly (instead of
starting from 1).

Also, mpiBLAST appears to segment queries:

http://www.mpiblast.org/

chris