[Bioperl-l] Random nucleotide string generator?

Luis Miguel Rodríguez me at miguel.weapps.com
Fri Jun 26 08:52:46 UTC 2009

Dear all, dear Roger,
I'm not sure if there is such generator (I think so).  Anyway, if you flag
it as "undone and desirable", please take into account the possibility of
extend the generator for dinucleotides, particularly useful when working
with secondary structure of RNA molecules,

Cheers,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Roger Hall <rahall2 at ualr.edu> wrote:

> All,
>
> Is there a random generator for creating nucleotides (of length l with
> composition frequencies a, c, g, and t) in there somewhere?
>
> I noticed a thread about it from 2000 and nothing since (searching for
> "random sequence").
>
> If not - what should the namespace be for such a module should it be undone
> and desirable?
>
> TIA!
>
> Roger

Luis M. Rodriguez-R
[http://bioinf.uniandes.edu.co/~miguel/]
Unidad de Bioinformática del Laboratorio de Micología y Fitopatología
Universidad de Los Andes, Colombia
[http://bioinf.uniandes.edu.co]

+ 57 1 3394949 ext 2619
lmrodriguezr at gmail.com