[Bioperl-l] Unable to install bioperl

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 22 16:20:59 UTC 2009

You should grab the latest alpha release here (now 1.5.9_4):

http://search.cpan.org/~cjfields/BioPerl-1.5.9_4/

If you wait a few days you can grab the 1.6 stable release.

Installation (various platforms):

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_BioPerl

The PPM for Windows is present in the BioPerl Release Candidates PPM
repo.  However there are several dependencies that are missing for
perl 5.10 (I have no clue about 5.8, sorry), so for the moment PPM
installation for perl 5.10 via Windows will not work.  There are other
alternatives, though, if you read the installation instructions
carefully, and I think ActivePerl also allows CPAN installation, so
you could try that.

chris