[Bioperl-l] Is Bio::KEGG:Enzyme implemented?

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:13:29 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I began writing a program to extract a reaction pathway from
KEGG/reactome and "transplant" it into another genome, along with all
of the required genetic 'dependencies' (in the sense of deb/rpm,
apt/yum dependencies). To do this, I started writing a program that
would parse KEGG's database format-- here's a reference discussion:

http://groups.google.com/group/diybio/browse_frm/thread/d6ec92a5df6b4e74/3b22b31a504f29ca?#3b22b31a504f29ca

Anyway, at first I thought bioperl hadn't implemented KEGG::Enzyme,
but now I've noticed that biopython does:

http://www.bioinformatics.org/bradstuff/bp/api/Bio/KEGG/Enzyme/enzyme_format.py.html
actual implementation:
http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biopython/Bio/KEGG/Enzyme/Attic/enzyme_format.py?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=biopython&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Have I missed the bioperl implementation of this portion?

Thank you :-).

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507