[Bioperl-l] function for duplication events?

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Fri Feb 20 05:51:46 UTC 2009

If you mean infer duplication vs speciation events via a tree I would
suggest taking at look at these tools. RIO, njtree/treebest,
softparsemap, or Notung.
   http://rio.janelia.org/
  http://treesoft.sourceforge.net/treebest.shtml
  http://www.cbu.uib.no/~steffpar/softparsmap/
  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~durand/Notung/

Probably njtree/treebest is the easiest to get started with.

We talk about some of these a little in our tutorial from '07 and from
the '06 hackathon.
http://jason.open-bio.org/Bioperl_Tutorials/ISMB2007/
  https://www.nescent.org/wg_phyloinformatics/Reconcile_Trees_Documentation
.