[Bioperl-l] compare sequences codon by codon

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Wed Feb 18 17:26:01 UTC 2009

wow - my incomplete typing was amazing...  trying again :->

To identify identical codons easiest is probably just walk back
through the alignment columns in sets of 3.  Have a look at the
pairwise_kaks script and the HOWTO at http://bioperl.org/wiki/
HOWTO:PAML. These shows bits and pieces which may be of interest. The
key routine is aa_to_dna_aln in the Bio::Align::Utilities module.