[Bioperl-l] Extending Bio::Tools::Run::Clustalw alignment score parser.

Bruno Vecchi vecchi.b at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 02:45:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

I was pleased to notice that the newest bioperl-run release had a
Clustalw.pm module with an alignment score parser. However, I noticed
that the regex does not account for negative scores which, although
unlikely, they are possible. I propose the following change to the
Bio/Tools/Run/Alignment/Clustalw.pm module:

- $score = $1 if ($_ =~ /Alignment Score (\d+)/);
+ $score = $1 if ($_ =~ /Alignment Score (-?\d+)/);

This seems to fix the issue.

Bruno.