[Bioperl-l] [bip] summer of code

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Feb 13 18:38:39 UTC 2009

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio wrote:

> they just have sent an email explaining that they have been included
> in the google-summer of code program.

Just to prevent any misunderstandings, whoever is meant by "they",
nobody has been included in the Summer of Code program yet for this
year. Organizations who want to participate can start applying March
9. Google expects to announce who has been accepted on March 18. Last
year, about 2/3 of applying orgs were not accepted. This year the
rejection ratio is going to be higher b/c fewer orgs will be accepted.

There is no guarantee that we would be accepted if we apply. I'm
relatively optimistic though that we'd have a fair chance, but I'm
often optimistic.

	-hilmar