[Bioperl-l] calculate the frequency of occurrence of the mostcommonly observed amino acid at each position of multiplesequence alignment

Dylan Krishnan dylankrishnan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 16:43:02 UTC 2009

thanks mark!

the authors other approach is to load the alignment into a MS Excel
worksheet and use the "autofilter" procedure to count the occurrences of any
residue position of the alignment. the claim is "that excel is uselful for
this purpose."sounds reasonable for 10 alignments but not 2000!

again, many thanks.

-dylan