[Bioperl-l] [JOB] National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 5 12:39:50 UTC 2009

I hope I can be forgiven for the [JOB] spam....

The Genetics Branch at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, MD, USA,
is currently offering training positions within our bioinformatics and
computational biology group.  Our group is embedded in a laboratory
environment, offering close collaboration with bench scientists and a steady
supply of novel and interesting data.  The laboratory uses multiple
high-throughput genomics technologies including microarray assays for gene
expression, copy number, SNPs, DNA methylation, and miRNA as well as
second-generation sequencing technologies and has access to Solexa, ABI
Solid, and 454 technologies.  The candidate should have knowledge and skills
related to genomics or molecular biology; biostatistics or other advanced
math discipline; programming languages such as perl, python, java, R, or C++
as well as experience with analysis of one or more high-throughput genomic
technologies.

Feel free to share this with interested individuals.  If you are interested
in applying, please forward a CV.

Thanks,
Sean
--