[Bioperl-l] Problems with Bioperl-ext package on WinVista?

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 11 19:48:11 UTC 2009

Elaborating more, the 'C-compiled engine' error comes because
Bio::Ext::HMM is not installed, because bioperl-ext is not installed
(correctly), because Bio::Ext::HMM is an XS extension written in C.
Which needs to be compiled.  With a C compiler.  As part of some kind of
installation process, not just copying the files to a machine with
subversion.

Rob

--
Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network
rmb32 at cornell.edu
http://www.sgn.cornell.edu