[Bioperl-l] Problems with Bioperl-ext package on WinVista?

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 11 19:23:56 UTC 2009

Jonny,

For quicker help you might want to try #bioperl on freenode.

That said, the problem here is that when you get code from subversion,
you are not really 'installing' it, you are just copying it to your
machine.  Part of the installation process is compiling these things,
and for that you need a working C compiler.

I don't know anything about using BioPerl on Windows, but as a general
recommendation I would say go back to the CPAN and/or ppm directions and
getting those working.

Rob

--
Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network
rmb32 at cornell.edu
http://www.sgn.cornell.edu