[Bioperl-l] difference in opening file from @ARGV and STDIN?

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers-institute.org
Thu Sep 11 18:01:01 UTC 2008

Filipe and Dave,

I find that the following works generically for SeqIO and AlignIO (at least)...

#after processing all options using GetOpt,
#any remaining options should name files to process...
@ARGV = ('-') unless @ARGV;     # Default to standard input
my %inopt;
$inopt{-fh} ||=  \*ARGV;
my $AlignIO =  Bio::AlignIO->new(
                         %inopt
                        )  or die "calling Bio::AlignIO->new on %inopt" ;

--Malcolm