[Bioperl-l] parsing result of CAP3 (ACE file)

Joshua Udall jaudall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:38:08 UTC 2008

Laurent -

I have modified modules that will do it as I recently ran into problems with
the DB_FILE module in Assembly::IO.  In addition, the current version of
cap3 seems to put a contig length where a pad length is expected (based on
the Ace format description).  The modules I have will parse the ace file
contig-by-contig rather than having the entire assembly slurped into memory
(or a tied hash) all at once.  You are welcome to them if you are interested
and I'd like to get them in Bioperl at some point.  Bascially, there are
three files - a modified Contig.pm, ContigIO.pm, and a modified ace.pm (in a
ContigIO directory).

Josh

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Laurent Manchon <lmanchon at univ-montp2.fr>wrote:

> -- Hi,
>
> Is somebody have a piece of code to parse result of CAP3 assembly program
> which
> format is ACE ?
> I need to retrieve the alignment from this file.
>
> thank you,
> Laurent --

Joshua Udall
Assistant Professor