[Bioperl-l] Phyloxml <alignment>

aaron.j.mackey at gsk.com aaron.j.mackey at gsk.com
Tue Jul 29 16:59:59 UTC 2008

The "super-object" approach is hard, based on the experience of the NEXUS
working group.  I recommend the "dumber" approach of linking things
together with "has-a" annotation relationships (tree is an annotation of
an alignment, and vice versa), without worrying about coordinated slicing
or other "joint" manipulations.  We already do similar things with
sequences and features (i.e. manipulation of the sequence does not affect
the features, or vice versa).

-Aaron