[Bioperl-l] Smaller Bioperl Modules

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Jul 24 01:02:19 UTC 2008

What would be really nice to have for such purposes is a build option
that, given a list of modules, creates a tar (or whatever else that's
suitable for distribution) with those modules and all other modules
they depend on, recursively of course.

Presumably this is what you would be looking for? It'd be great if
someone would like to take this on (perhaps yourself?), though we
should also keep in mind that in reality this is going to be a rather
rare need. Still, as you describe, for those that do have the need it
might help a lot.

I should also note that in my observation it is not uncommon for
sysadmins in biology or other department to have had to install
bioperl already for faculty or students, so having to do this may not
be such an extraordinary task for many out there.

	-hilmar

On Jul 21, 2008, at 7:09 PM, <Nathan.Watson-Haigh at csiro.au> <Nathan.Watson-Haigh at csiro.au