[Bioperl-l] Bio_Tools_Run_RemoteBlast error: 500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80

Alicia Amadoz Alicia.Amadoz at uv.es
Fri Jul 18 18:38:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have tried >telnet www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov 80 and it gives what you said,

$ telnet www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov 80
Trying 130.14.29.110...
Connected to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
Escape character is '^]'.

I don't know exactly who gives the output message with the error. It creates a file as my
script is launched. The file is called "delete" and is like de STDERR/STDOUT of the script. I
haven't programmed anything to create this file, but I can say that the message of error is
given just after this line:

my $submit = $remote->submit_blast($query_filepath."/".$query_filename);

So, I don't know if the message is given by bioperl functions or by the ncbi.

Any help at this point? Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Alicia