[Bioperl-l] Bio_Tools_Run_RemoteBlast error: 500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80

Alicia Amadoz Alicia.Amadoz at uv.es
Fri Jul 18 10:25:07 UTC 2008

Hi again,

I have been checking my script and when I have

my $submit = $remote->submit_blast($query_filepath."/".$query_filename);

$query_filepath."/".$query_filename variables have the following value:
 File: /tmp/alicia_blast_query.fastaR83qbr

and $submit has -1 value.

So, I think it isn't a problem of installing bioperl in my server because it recognises perl and
bioperl installations.

I have read documentation at http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-
live/Bio/Tools/Run/RemoteBlast.html#POD10 and I think -1 value means an error while
sending the request, but what kind of error? it could be some configuration of my server?

Thanks for your help,
Alicia